Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sorry we're boring.

I like to blame my lack of blogging on the fact that we don't really have anything exciting going on in our lives. The truth is, I just really have just not felt like doing it. I have gotten really bad about not taking pictures. All I have are a couple of goofy pictures that I have taken with my phone. I've made it a goal to try harder.

Shopping wears him out. When he fell asleep Jeremy put a hat on him. Any way I thought it was funny


Austin skinned his nose on some cement stairs. It really wasn't that bad, it didn't even bleed, but my little man believes that band-aids have magical powers. So, when we got home 5 hours later, he just had to have his band-aid. I just made him promise he would not wear it to church the next day.


I guess I better do a little update on the goings on in our little family. We registered Austin for kindergarten in March. Some days I really have a hard time with him growing up. This was one of those days. One of the teachers asked me if I was having a hard time letting go and I broke down crying. I'm just a worrier. I'll be fine after the first month, or year, or so. Right now he is just enjoying his summer and being a happy little boy. He has really become a good helper to his parents. This may have a little bit to do with the fact that he has to complete a job chart before we buy the things he wants. It has worked out well for us. It has made him a little more responsible and probably saved us a lot of money.

Jeremy has started working at the fairgrounds again. Its is still a seasonal position so he continues to check all of the job boards. He does have a chance of maybe staying on through the winter and being cut down to 30 hours a week. This is still better than unemployment. It has been so good for him to go back to work. Even if he has been a little sore, he has been happy to be back. He had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. I hope he had fun at his birthday parties. Even though he did have to cook his own meal, I did buy the steaks for him. He is still enjoying experimenting with new recipes and trying new things, so I don't feel too bad.

I have tried to eat a little healthier and have started to exercise a little. I'm not being obsessive about it. If i want to eat my chocolate, I am going to, just not as much. Anyway I've lost 19 pounds, I'm just not sure where. I feel like I look the same and haven't gone down a clothes size yet. Maybe soon, we'll see. Things are crazy busy at work and I have done a lot of going in early and staying late. I am hoping that in a couple of weeks I can get some of my sanity back.

Anyway, that's us. See we are not too exciting, just celebrating other peoples exciting news. Congratulations to Jared, Stacy, Nicole, Nathan and Lindsey, Colt, Kinsey, Heidi, and Aly for graduating this year.(I hope that I didn't forget anyone) Congratulations to all that have had or will have new additions to their families this year. Hopefully we will one day have some exciting news of our own. Until then I'll work on taking my camera out a little more, and posting a little more so that I can make my mom and aunts happy.

I almost forgot. After my last post Jeremy was upset that I posted a picture of his son in such a girlie apron. He went and bought material to make him a new. I'll have to take some pictures of Austin in his new Transformers apron that his daddy made for him.

I guess I'll leave with another funny picture. It is the only one that I took of Jeremy's birthday. I know it isn't even of Jeremy but it makes me laugh. Blake looks even shorter when he is wearing Austin's Darth Vader costume.

1 comment:

  1. What a great update! Not boring at all :) Just glad to know you guys are doing well and that we can spend time with your wonderful family! The pictures of Austin are so awesome! Congrats on losing weight! You look great!

    ReplyDelete